We answer artificial turf related questions for the following sectors:
Artificial grass being used for a MUGA install at Great Witley in 2016
What is the process of an artificial grass installation?
- Firstly, we offer a free site consultation to discuss the requirements of the facility, both in terms of major sports and usage levels. We then compile a project plan suggesting some key points such as the most suitable build, surface type, maintenance schedules, and management usage plan
- Using CAD designs, we work with the client to design the perfect pitch, including pitch markings and lines. With the design comes a breakdown of costs including the build, surface and fencing system if applicable.
- When the client has approved the design and planning has been granted, STM will complete a final field survey and final site review. This will then determine when the build can start, an installation timeline, and completion dates.
- Before work commences, a pre-start meeting will take place with the clients and council officers (if required for health and safety reasons). We will appoint a Project Director to each job to ensure all timelines are kept on track.
- During the construction we keep a photo diary and ensure that the client has the opportunity to meet on site and review the progress on a weekly basis. Each site has a welfare unit to support internal meetings and installation briefings.
- Following the completion of the project STM provides a CDM pack with all relevant information relating to the product warranties, final design and health and safety guidelines for fencing systems.
- STM will provide you with a “Welcome Pack” illustrating the importance of maintenance and providing you with a schedule of maintenance relevant to your surface and usage.
I need a specific type of grass. Can you help?
STM offer a variety of artificial grass types. We can provide specific colours and specifications. We also offer turf types which are complete with fire retardant certificates.
What size of projects do you complete?
We always aim to quote for every single project that comes through our door, if you have some specifics send them over to us and we will be happy to look.
Additional information is available from our friendly staff. Simply contact us today.